Cannabis Infused Peppermint Bark
With the holidays approaching, we thought we'd offer up a delicious recipe for you to add cannabis oil into. This peppermint bark is a festive, chocolatey mint treat that can really put you in the holiday mood. If bringing to a party or giving as a gift, please appropriately label this as containing cannabis.
- Up to 30 ml infused cannabis oil (amount should be measured to provide the desired dosage)
- 12 oz. (340 g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 12 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 8 candy canes, crushed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Fill the bottom of a large pot with 3” water and bring to simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, then place a large heatproof bowl on top. Add semi-sweet chocolate and stir occasionally until chocolate has melted. Stir in cannabis oil and extract, mixing well. Pour into prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer with an offset spatula. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
- Over the same pot of barely simmering water, place another large heatproof bowl. Add white chocolate and stir until melted. Pour over set semi-sweet chocolate then top immediately with candy canes. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
- Cut, or break off, into desired serving sizes. Larger pieces will have more cannabis oil in them. Please be aware of the doses you want in each piece.
Cannabis Oil has different potencies, so the strength of each serving depends on how much of each oil you use, and how strong the oil is.
For example Delta 9 Oasis Oil has a potency of 11 mg/mL of THC. So if we include 20 mL of oil in the recipe, we will have 220mg of THC in the batch. If we break the sheet into 22 separate pieces - each will have approximately 10mg of THC.
If you instead had Delta 9 Odyssey Oil, which has a potency of 21 mg/mL, you would only need to use approximately half as much oil to get the same potency.