Recipe - Cannabis Infused Mug Cake
This recipe is a quick and easy way to make edibles using oil purchased at one of the Delta 9 Cannabis Stores.
This is a single serving dessert - only use as much cannabis oil as you would use in a single dose - See Recipe Notes Below
Cannabis-Infused Chocolate Mug Cake
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. milk
- 2 tablespoons of oil (a mix of vegetable and cannabis-infused oil (See Recipe Notes below))
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut chocolate spread or mini chocolate chips (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the milk and cannabis oil until all ingredients are combined and batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into a large microwave-safe mug. Ensure there is enough space for the cake to rise without pouring over.
- Add hazelnut chocolate spread in the middle of the batter or mini chocolate chips. Just drop it in the middle, no need to push it down and sink it in the batter, it does that on its own when it cooks.
- Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter if your mug cake overflows).
- Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high (See Recipe Notes below)
This mug cake requires a total of 2 tablespoons of oil. Most cannabis oil you can buy at our store is very potent, you can use a smaller amount of cannabis oil, and then add just enough regular oil to make up the 2 tablespoons (eg: 1 teaspoon of cannabis oil, and 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons of regular oil). This way you can adjust the potency of your edible as needed.
Please note that ALL microwaves are different therefore can yield different results and can overcook the mug cake if you aren't careful. Our microwave is 950 watts and cooked on 100% power for 70 seconds. Knowing this information, it may help you better judge how long to cook yours for and at what power.