Join The Cannabis Industry
Delta 9 is currently looking to start adding talented individuals to our team who share our vision for this new and exciting industry.
We are a fast paced start-up work environment looking for passionate motivated individuals who are devoted to not only producing the highest quality in cannabis based medicines, but also to providing our customers with the highest quality of care and service.
We have opportunities in all areas including; Sales and Customer Care, Marketing and E-Marketing, Production and Distribution, Retail and Products, Corporate Development, and Finance. We would encourage applicants to pursue any position that fits with their experience and ambitions and to indicate which positions they are interested in when submitting their application.
You can view current listings below as well additional job listings on indeed.
If you are interested in joining our team please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for submitting their information but we will only contact those candidates considered for an initial interview. In the event that you are not contacted, we will be keeping your resume on file for future opportunities. As positions become available we will contact all suitable candidates to arrange interviews.
Retail Cannabis Consultant - Grande Prairie
Part-time opportunities available!
Don't miss your opportunity to join a leader in retail cannabis sales in 2020! Delta 9 Cannabis is Manitoba’s first and largest licensed producer and distributor of cannabis products. We are now expanding our business to include a retail Cannabis store for Grande Prairie, Alberta, specializing in meeting and exceeding customer needs for locally and nationally grown cannabis strains. We are looking for enthusiastic and knowledgeable leader(s) to join our Delta 9 Cannabis team as our Cannabis Consultants. Our store network will be expanding quickly so do not miss your opportunity to join the exciting Cannabis industry with Delta 9.
In light of the COVID19 situation, Safety Measures have been implemented for the safety and health of our staff and customers.
• As a cannabis consultant you will welcome customers with an exceptional customer care mindset and assist each client by providing them with guidance on product and pricing information.
• You will be a Delta 9 Cannabis ambassador and will represent the very best that we have to offer.
• The stores will be open 7 days a week, scheduling may include working on the weekend Saturdays and Sundays.
General knowledge of cannabis and various ingestion methods is preferred.
General Duties (include but are not limited to):
• First point of contact for all customers and patients entering the store, ensure to welcome and point each client to the appropriate area
• Establish rapport with customers, get to know them and understand their interests and needs
• Processing payments for all transactions of goods and product, issue receipts, refunds (when applicable), credits and change (POS System)
• Establish and identify prices for all products and services using appropriate guidelines
• Adhere to strict distribution processes and maintain a safe and professional work environment required verification of identification, while maintaining confidentiality
• Continue to enhance knowledge of cannabis, various ingestion methods, and all associated emerging cannabis technology for our customers
• Unpack, sort, count and label all store merchandise
• Maintain cleanliness of the store
• Assist Manager / Assistant with any other related tasks
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be 18 years or older – Required*
• Qualified Cannabis Worker Certification (AGLC) – Required*
• SellSafe Certification (AGLC) – Required*
• Bilingual -French speaking would be an asset
• Two to three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience, in the customer service industry
• Must be friendly, out-going, trustworthy, dependable and hardworking
• Must be able to provide exemplary customer service and knowledge of products and the industry, represent Delta 9 Cannabis with pride
• Must have excellent attendance and professionalism
• Must be able to pass a full background and Criminal Check
• Flexible availability; days, evenings, weekdays, weekends, and some holidays as per store operational demands
• Must have reliable transportation
What We Offer:
• Exciting opportunity in the fastest growing industry
• Industry specific training
• Experience in an emerging industry
• Great company culture
Delta 9 values the diversity of the individuals we hire and serve. All applicants, including those who require disability accommodation, will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Delta 9 actively works to identify and eliminate discriminatory barriers in the workplace.
Please e-mail us your resume and cover letter (clearly indicating the position you are interested in) for consideration. We thank all who apply but we will only contact those candidates that will be considered for an interview.
Integrated Pest Management Technician - Winnipeg
Delta 9 Bio-Tech Inc. is the premier licensed Manitoba Cannabis producer under the Cannabis Act. We are currently seeking a high energy, self-motivated Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Technician to join our Quality Assurance team. This is a full-time position offered Monday to Friday, from 8am-4:30pm, this position may require some weekend work. The IPM Technician will be working with our Quality Assurance Manager and cultivation team to complete a schedule of daily tasks as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Preparing and applying of pest control products
• Application and assessment of monitoring devices
• Pest Identification
• Plant scouting/inspection and monitoring for signs of infestation
• Room and equipment cleaning
• Documentation preparation and completion in accordance to SOPs
• Maintaining compliance with the laws, regulations, and SOPs
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of safe work procedures for chemical pesticide applications is considered an asset.
• Knowledge of cannabis plant anatomy, greenhouse pests, viruses and diseases is considered an asset
• Understanding of good documentation practices
• Manual dexterity and motor coordination; good eye-hand coordination
• Problem-solving and analytical thinking
• Strong attention to detail and skilled in precision work while maintaining consistency
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong communication skills and ability to thrive in a team environment
• Willingness to learn and take direction
• Ability to stay focused, follow direction and complete repetitive and routine tasks
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• Capable of working efficiently in independent and team environments
• Strong attention to detail and ability to follow strict operating procedures
• Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching
• Standing/walking for long periods of time
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and ability to work in warm, humid greenhouse conditions
• Ability to wear a respirator
• Able to work flexible hours including weekends
• Comfortable with working in confined spaces for long periods of time
• Must have completed high school diploma or GED equivalent
• Must be able to pass a criminal record check
• A valid Manitoba Core and Greenhouse Pesticide Applicator License is strongly preferred
• Previous experience working with cannabis under Health Canada regulations is considered an asset
• 1+ years’ experience as a licensed pesticide applicator considered an asset
• Previous greenhouse/growing experience considered an asset
• Competitive wages
• Stock options available at the discretion of the board
• Comprehensive benefits through iA Industrial
IT Project Coordinator / Support - Winnipeg
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), The ideal IT Project Coordinator / Support will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience handling various projects, technology, and IT support. This position will require an individual who is a self-starter with a desire to grow.
You will be supporting a chain of 7 retail stores, head office, and a large production facility. The job includes everything from day to day computer support to launching new technologies to managing the rollout of new stores. This position is varied with the opportunity to expand your skillset and experience.
We run Microsoft 365 with a focus on collaborative tools like Teams, Planner, and SharePoint Online.
• Provide day to day IT support and training to users regarding computers, software, and printers
• LAN Support
• Windows Server and Domain Support
• Setup and Support retail stores – POS, Digital Signage, Phone System, Ecommerce Store
• Coordinate a variety of IT projects from start to finish and provide ongoing progress reports to the CTO
• Assist with security related tasks such as CCTV and data backup
• Act as liaison between external IT contractors and Delta 9
• Act as liaison between external service providers and Delta 9
• Assist in managing the company website and online store
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Must be 19 years or older
• A minimum of a College Diploma in an IT program or University degree in Computer Science
• 3 years of previous experience or more in a similar role is preferred
• Must be a critical thinker and problem solver
• Must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
• Solid understanding of IT project implementation and expectations
• Solid understanding of a wide variety of technology with the ability to pick up new technology and skills quickly
• Computer Networking Experience (LAN and WAN)
• Experience with Firewalls
• Demonstrated understanding of IT documentation procedures
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to relate to a variety of end users
• Must be a team player
• Strong team communication skills as regular updates to the CTO and management will be required
• Ability to work on/call and call in shifts
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check
• Must have reliable transportation