Join The Cannabis Industry
Delta 9 is currently looking to start adding talented individuals to our team who share our vision for this new and exciting industry.
We are a fast paced start-up work environment looking for passionate motivated individuals who are devoted to not only producing the highest quality in cannabis based medicines, but also to providing our customers with the highest quality of care and service.
We have opportunities in all areas including; Sales and Customer Care, Marketing and E-Marketing, Production and Distribution, Retail and Products, Corporate Development, and Finance. We would encourage applicants to pursue any position that fits with their experience and ambitions and to indicate which positions they are interested in when submitting their application.
You can view current listings below as well additional job listings on indeed.
If you are interested in joining our team please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for submitting their information but we will only contact those candidates considered for an initial interview. In the event that you are not contacted, we will be keeping your resume on file for future opportunities. As positions become available we will contact all suitable candidates to arrange interviews.
Vice President Operations
Delta 9 Bio-Tech Inc. is looking for a Vice President of Operations to join our team. As a Winnipeg based, federally licensed producer of cannabis. Delta 9 is a Manitoba leader in the industry with a dynamic and “growing” work environment.
The Vice President of Operations will provide strategic and operations leadership to the Company, working closely with other members of the Management Team to ensure the achievement of long-term goals and the effective functioning of daily operational activities.
The successful candidate will develop and execute an integrated strategy related to current and future needs including distribution systems that deliver high quality products to meet customers’ needs in an industry-leading organization. The Vice President of Operations will play a strategic leadership role while also ensuring the company’s daily operational activities run smoothly and effectively.
• Responsible and accountable for the effective and efficient operation of the Company’s production operations.
• Responsible for identification and implementation of production systems best practices regarding the effective use of company assets; ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, staff resources and equipment in a profitable manner.
• Provide direction and leadership to all operational teams with direct reporting lines to Department Managers in the areas of Pod • Manufacturing and Fabrication, Hydroponic Fabrication and Set-Up, Quality Assurance, Logistics, Production and Processing.
• Participate with senior management of other departments in the development and formulation of short and long-range goal setting, policies, programs and objectives related to operations.
• Maintain awareness of and implement new industry technologies to increase efficiency, quality, and profitability.
• Ensure quality assurance systems and procedures are implemented and followed throughout all operational processes.
• Lead and coach a team to drive high performance and employee engagement, including the involvement in recruitment and retention strategies.
• Provide a safe and healthy environment for employees.
• Develop and encourage a strong culture of continuous improvement.
• Ensure logistics operations and administrative support meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
• Develop annual operating budgets and ensure adequate controls are in place to deliver on required service levels, operational performance and organizational goals within prescribed cost, revenue and profit parameters.
• Develop competitive strategies and evaluate, adjust or redraft plans and programs ensuring thorough communication of imperatives and action items to the team.
• Ensure the creation of Standard Operating Procedures within all areas of responsibility, as required based on best operational practices
The Ideal Candidate:
• Minimum of 8-10 years prior management experience in a production environment with a minimum of 5 years at the leadership level. • Prior experience in a hydroponic production environment would be an asset.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in engineering, business or another related field.
• Strong negotiation skills
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and processes would be an asset
• Demonstrated ability to lead at a senior management level including teams of employees.
• Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
• Knowledge of logistics and expediting.
• Office software skills, ERP systems; budgeting and planning.
• Knowledge of a broad range of business operations from strategy development to its tactical execution.
• Ability to build cross-departmental partnerships and lead change initiatives.
• Must have working knowledge of facilities equipment, operations and management.
• Experience with developing and monitoring production strategies and key performance data.
• Knowledge of budget development and P&L for all operations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Delta 9 Cannabis Store Manager - Thompson, Manitoba
Store Manager – Delta 9 Cannabis Store – THOMPSON, MANITOBA – COMING SOON
Delta 9 Cannabis is Manitoba’s first and largest licensed producer and distributor of cannabis products. We are now expanding our business to include a retail Cannabis store for Thompson, Manitoba, specializing in meeting and exceeding customer needs for locally and nationally grown cannabis strains. We are looking for enthusiastic and knowledgeable leader(s) to join our Delta 9 Cannabis team as our Store Manager. Our store network will be expanding quickly so do not miss your opportunity to join the exciting Cannabis industry with Delta 9.
Our Store Managers provide strong leadership at store level, promoting respect, honesty, and fairness among our store team members and ethical service to our customers. This includes inspiring, encouraging and coaching our people to be at their best so they can provide our customers with helpful and socially responsible service in a secure, clean environment with appropriate levels of product, attractively displayed and properly accounted for.
Other responsibilities include: analyzing and developing action plans to drive top line sales, maintaining payroll budgets, recruiting and hiring appropriately to ensure the store is properly staffed at all times, managing cost effective store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance, and ensuring the individual skills of the team are utilized effectively to create a positive customer experience.
General Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Implement effective social responsibility and compliance measures
• Identify store training needs and providing ongoing coaching and training opportunities to the team as needed
• Develop action plans to address performance issues, as required.
• Utilize company tools to stay current regarding salable merchandise as well as maintain online and in-shop product menus
• Plan and adjust weekly employee schedules along with securing replacement staff when needed. Actively recruit to ensure open positions are filled quickly.
• Responsible for cash management practices; money orders, change, deposits, cash reconciliation, tracking daily sales and expenses in POS, etc.
• Ensure a welcoming environment for the customer as well as quickly responding to customer needs
• Plan, coordinate, and lead employee meetings
• Ensure all pricing, signage, and displays are correct
• Receive regular product and vendor deliveries and ensure sales floor displays are fully stocked at all times.
• Responsible for inventory management and records reconciliation
• Responsible for creating and submitting biweekly merchandise orders based on the store’s needs
• Regularly communicate with upper management to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in the industry
• Provide consistent, in the moment, feedback and coaching to staff
• Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, including workplace health and safety.
• Meet KPI goals, manage staff hours and expenses to budget.
• Active involvement in community events as appropriate.
• Responsible for all store administrative functions.
• Must be a minimum of 19 years of age
• Must have 4 years of prior retail management experience
• Post-secondary education in Business Accounting courses or equivalent
• Must be enthusiastic, friendly, optimistic, outgoing, and a team player
• Marketing and networking experience a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
• Ability to analyze data to make decisions
• Must have excellent attendance and professionalism
• Knowledge of and experience working with Cannabis is preferred
• Must be detail oriented and able to handle cash, and operate a POS register
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check (excluding Cannabis related charges)
• Must have reliable transportation
• Strong organizational, communication, time management and problem-solving skills
• Available to work rotating shifts including: days, evenings, weekdays, weekends, and some holidays
• Prior work experience in a regulated environment is a definite asset.
• Knowledge of Bill 11: The Safe and Responsible Retailing of Cannabis Act.
• Willingness and flexibility to relocate to other Manitoba communities would be an asset for upcoming rural stores.
What We Offer:
• Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-growing company
• Competitive wages
• Industry specific training
• Benefits package
• Wages to be determined by knowledge & experience.