Join The Cannabis Industry
Delta 9 is currently looking to start adding talented individuals to our team who share our vision for this new and exciting industry.
We are a fast paced start-up work environment looking for passionate motivated individuals who are devoted to not only producing the highest quality in cannabis based medicines, but also to providing our customers with the highest quality of care and service.
We have opportunities in all areas including; Sales and Customer Care, Marketing and E-Marketing, Production and Distribution, Retail and Products, Corporate Development, and Finance. We would encourage applicants to pursue any position that fits with their experience and ambitions and to indicate which positions they are interested in when submitting their application.
You can view current listings below as well additional job listings on indeed.
If you are interested in joining our team please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for submitting their information but we will only contact those candidates considered for an initial interview. In the event that you are not contacted, we will be keeping your resume on file for future opportunities. As positions become available we will contact all suitable candidates to arrange interviews.
Delta 9 Cannabis Store Manager - Thompson, Manitoba
Store Manager – Delta 9 Cannabis Store – THOMPSON, MANITOBA – COMING SOON
Delta 9 Cannabis is Manitoba’s first and largest licensed producer and distributor of cannabis products. We are now expanding our business to include a retail Cannabis store for Thompson, Manitoba, specializing in meeting and exceeding customer needs for locally and nationally grown cannabis strains. We are looking for enthusiastic and knowledgeable leader(s) to join our Delta 9 Cannabis team as our Store Manager. Our store network will be expanding quickly so do not miss your opportunity to join the exciting Cannabis industry with Delta 9.
Our Store Managers provide strong leadership at store level, promoting respect, honesty, and fairness among our store team members and ethical service to our customers. This includes inspiring, encouraging and coaching our people to be at their best so they can provide our customers with helpful and socially responsible service in a secure, clean environment with appropriate levels of product, attractively displayed and properly accounted for.
Other responsibilities include: analyzing and developing action plans to drive top line sales, maintaining payroll budgets, recruiting and hiring appropriately to ensure the store is properly staffed at all times, managing cost effective store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance, and ensuring the individual skills of the team are utilized effectively to create a positive customer experience.
General Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Implement effective social responsibility and compliance measures
• Identify store training needs and providing ongoing coaching and training opportunities to the team as needed
• Develop action plans to address performance issues, as required.
• Utilize company tools to stay current regarding salable merchandise as well as maintain online and in-shop product menus
• Plan and adjust weekly employee schedules along with securing replacement staff when needed. Actively recruit to ensure open positions are filled quickly.
• Responsible for cash management practices; money orders, change, deposits, cash reconciliation, tracking daily sales and expenses in POS, etc.
• Ensure a welcoming environment for the customer as well as quickly responding to customer needs
• Plan, coordinate, and lead employee meetings
• Ensure all pricing, signage, and displays are correct
• Receive regular product and vendor deliveries and ensure sales floor displays are fully stocked at all times.
• Responsible for inventory management and records reconciliation
• Responsible for creating and submitting biweekly merchandise orders based on the store’s needs
• Regularly communicate with upper management to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in the industry
• Provide consistent, in the moment, feedback and coaching to staff
• Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, including workplace health and safety.
• Meet KPI goals, manage staff hours and expenses to budget.
• Active involvement in community events as appropriate.
• Responsible for all store administrative functions.
• Must be a minimum of 19 years of age
• Must have 4 years of prior retail management experience
• Post-secondary education in Business Accounting courses or equivalent
• Must be enthusiastic, friendly, optimistic, outgoing, and a team player
• Marketing and networking experience a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
• Ability to analyze data to make decisions
• Must have excellent attendance and professionalism
• Knowledge of and experience working with Cannabis is preferred
• Must be detail oriented and able to handle cash, and operate a POS register
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check (excluding Cannabis related charges)
• Must have reliable transportation
• Strong organizational, communication, time management and problem-solving skills
• Available to work rotating shifts including: days, evenings, weekdays, weekends, and some holidays
• Prior work experience in a regulated environment is a definite asset.
• Knowledge of Bill 11: The Safe and Responsible Retailing of Cannabis Act.
• Willingness and flexibility to relocate to other Manitoba communities would be an asset for upcoming rural stores.
What We Offer:
• Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-growing company
• Competitive wages
• Industry specific training
• Benefits package
• Wages to be determined by knowledge & experience.
Please e-mail us your resume and cover letter for consideration. We thank all who apply but we will only contact those candidates that will be considered for an interview.
Integrated Pest Management Associate
Delta 9 Bio-Tech Inc. is the premier licensed Manitoba Cannabis producer under the ACMPR. We are currently seeking a high energy, self motivated Integrated Pest Management Associate to join our Production team. This is a full-time position offered Monday to Friday, from 8am-4:30pm, this position may require some weekend work. The IPM Associate will be working with our Production Manager to complete a schedule of daily tasks as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Maintaining compliance with the laws, regulations, and SOPs
• Preparing and applying of pest control products
• Application and assessment of monitoring devices
• Pest Identification
• Inspection and monitoring for signs of infestation
• Room and equipment cleaning
• Documentation preparation and completion in accordance to SOPs
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of cannabis plant anatomy and strains;
• Understanding of documentation procedures
• Manual dexterity and motor coordination; Good eye-hand coordination;
• Strong attention to detail and skilled in precision work while maintaining consistency;
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills to ensure consistency of product;
• Excellent communication skills and ability to thrive in a team environment
• Ability to stay focused and complete repetitive and routine tasks;
• Capable of working efficiently in independent and team environments;
• Strong attention to detail and ability to follow strict operating procedures;
• Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching;
• Standing/walking for long periods of time;
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and ability to work in warm, humid greenhouse conditions
• Able to work flexible hours including weekends;
• Comfortable with working in confined spaces for long periods of time
• Must have completed high school diploma or GED equivalent;
• Applicator Technician License considered an asset;
• Must be able to work independently and as a team member;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines;
• Ability to prioritize;
• Previous greenhouse/growing experience considered an asset;
• Previous MMAR/ACMPR experience considered an asset;
• Must be able to pass a criminal record check;
• Competitive wages
• Stock options available at the discretion of the board
• Comprehensive benefits through iA Industrial
Integrated Pest Management Manager
Delta 9 Bio-Tech Inc. is looking for a full-time Integrated Pest Management Manager to join our expanding team. As a Winnipeg based, federally licensed producer of cannabis. Delta 9 is a Manitoba leader with a dynamic and “growing” work environment.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience/ The successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of the team, scheduling, equipment maintenance and functions and developing strategies to suppress IPM issues. The ideal candidate must be a highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team.
• Oversees the identification of plant pest pathways through analysis and data
• Determines strategies to control or manage invasive species based on data analysis, chemical or biological control
• Create and Implement an IPM plan for Pest tolerance thresholds
• Work with respective managers to develop and implement an IPM plan
• Collect data and report to senior management regarding daily and weekly findings
• Identifies, marks and keeps meticulous records on affected plants.
• Seek new innovations or techniques in the field of IPM to include continuing education
• Maintaining compliance with the laws, regulations and/or standards
• 5 – 10 years of experience in a similar role
• Experience working in a large-scale greenhouse environment or an indoor grow
• Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture or Biological Science
• Holds Pesticide Applicators License
• Must have bio control experience
• Strong people management skills
• Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Technical knowledge of pest eradication and disease control in an agricultural setting.
• High attention to detail in all work, have strong project management skills and can coordinate several priorities simultaneously.
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Ability to logically solve problems and work under pressure.
• Perform calculations and operations for chemicals ratings (Conversions, percentages, rates, etc.)
• Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions
• The ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and Credit Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Delta 9 Cannabis Store Cannabis Consultant - St. Vital Location
As a cannabis consultant you will welcome customers with exceptional customer care mindset and assist each client by providing them with guidance on product and pricing information.
You will be a Delta 9 Cannabis ambassador and will represent the very best that we have to offer.
The stores will be open 7 days a week, scheduling may include working on the weekend Saturdays and Sundays.
General knowledge of cannabis and various ingestion methods is preferred.
General Duties (include but are not limited to):
• First point of contact for all customers and patients entering the store, ensure to welcoming and point each client to the appropriate area
• Establish rapport with customers, get to know them and understand their interests and needs
• Processing payments for all transactions of goods and product, issue receipts, refunds (when applicable), credits and change (POS System)
• Establish and identify prices for all products and services using appropriate guidelines
• Adhere to strict distribution processes and maintain a safe and professional work environment
• Required verifications of identification, while maintaining confidentiality
• Continue to enhance knowledge of cannabis, various ingestion methods, and all associated emerging cannabis technology for our customers
• Unpack, sort, count and label all store merchandise
• Maintain cleanliness of the store
• Assist Manager / Assistant with any other related tasks
• High school diploma or GED
• Bilingual -French speaking would be an asset
• Two to three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience, in the customer service industry
• Must be friendly, out-going, trustworthy, dependable and hardworking
• Must be able to provide exemplary customer service and knowledge of products and the industry, represent Delta 9 Cannabis with pride
• Must be able to pass a full background and Criminal Check
• Must be 19 years or older
What We Offer:
• Exciting opportunity in the fastest growing industry
• Industry specific training
• Experience in an emerging industry
• Great company culture
We thank all who apply but we will only contact those candidates that will be considered for an interview.