Join The Cannabis Industry
Delta 9 is currently looking to start adding talented individuals to our team who share our vision for this new and exciting industry.
We are a fast paced start-up work environment looking for passionate motivated individuals who are devoted to not only producing the highest quality in cannabis based medicines, but also to providing our customers with the highest quality of care and service.
We have opportunities in all areas including; Sales and Customer Care, Marketing and E-Marketing, Production and Distribution, Retail and Products, Corporate Development, and Finance. We would encourage applicants to pursue any position that fits with their experience and ambitions and to indicate which positions they are interested in when submitting their application.
You can view current listings below as well additional job listings on indeed.
If you are interested in joining our team please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for submitting their information but we will only contact those candidates considered for an initial interview. In the event that you are not contacted, we will be keeping your resume on file for future opportunities. As positions become available we will contact all suitable candidates to arrange interviews.
Retail Store Manager - Grande Prairie, AB
Delta 9 Cannabis is Manitoba’s largest Health Canada-licensed producer of cannabis. As we are expanding outward into Alberta, we are looking for a talented leader at our location in Grande Prairie. Do you pride yourself in exceeding customer needs for locally and nationally grown cannabis strains? We are looking for enthusiastic and knowledgeable leader to join our Delta 9 Cannabis team as our Store Manager.
Our Store Managers provide strong leadership at store level, promoting respect, honesty, and fairness among our store team members and ethical service to our customers. This includes inspiring, encouraging and coaching our people to be at their best so they can provide our customers with helpful and socially responsible service in a secure, clean environment with appropriate levels of product, attractively displayed and properly accounted for while abiding by all AGCL regulations as well as Delta 9 company policies and procedures.
Other responsibilities include: analyzing and developing action plans to drive top line sales, maintaining payroll budgets, recruiting and hiring appropriately to ensure the store is properly staffed at all times, managing cost effective store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance, and ensuring the individual skills of the team are utilized effectively to create a positive customer experience.
What We Offer:
• Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-growing company
• Competitive wages
• Industry specific training
• Comprehensive Benefits package; medical, dental, and glasses coverage, vacation pay.
• Opportunity to live and grow in a culturally diverse community
General Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Implement effective social responsibility and compliance measures
• Identify store training needs and providing ongoing coaching and training opportunities to the team as needed
• Develop action plans to address performance issues, as required
• Utilize company tools to stay current regarding salable merchandise as well as maintain online and in-shop product menus
• Plan and adjust weekly employee schedules along with securing replacement staff when needed. Actively recruit to ensure open positions are filled quickly
• Responsible for cash management practices; money orders, change, deposits, cash reconciliation, tracking daily sales and expenses in POS, etc.
• Ensure a welcoming environment for the customer as well as quickly responding to customer needs
• Plan, coordinate, and lead employee meetings
• Ensure all pricing, signage, and displays are correct
• Receive regular product and vendor deliveries and ensure sales floor displays are fully stocked at all times
• Responsible for inventory management and records reconciliation
• Responsible for creating and submitting biweekly merchandise orders based on the store’s needs
• Regularly communicate with upper management to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in the industry
• Provide consistent, in the moment, feedback and coaching to staff
• Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, including workplace health and safety
• Daily entry of Payworks system
• Meet Key Performance Indicators: goals, manage staff hours and expenses to budget.
• Active involvement in community events as appropriate.
• Responsible for all store administrative functions.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age - Required*
• Qualified Cannabis Worker Certification (AGLC) - Required*
• SellSafe Certification (AGLC) - Required*
• Must be able to function proficiently in a “Work Alone” environment
• Willing to move to other stores as required by organizational demands
• Minimum 4 years of prior retail management experience with proven success
• Proven ability to lead a team of 5+ team members
• Post-secondary education in Business Accounting courses or equivalent
• Desire and ability to develop a positive in-depth understanding of cannabis
• Must be enthusiastic, friendly, optimistic, outgoing, and a team player
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
• Ability to analyze data to make decisions
• Must have excellent attendance and professionalism
• Must be detail oriented and able to handle cash, and operate a POS register
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check (excluding Cannabis related charges)
• Strong organizational, communication, time management and problem-solving skills
• Flexible availability; days, evenings, weekdays, weekends, and some holidays as per store operational demands
• Knowledge of cannabis
• Must have reliable transportation
• Knowledge of and experience working with Cannabis
• Prior work experience in a regulated environment is a definite asset
• Marketing and networking experience
• Willingness and flexibility to relocate to other store locations as required by organizational demands
If you are looking for a dynamic growth environment, with the opportunity to learn and grow in a burgeoning industry – join us today!
Delta 9 values the diversity of the individuals we hire and serve. All applicants, including those who require disability accommodation, will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion,
colour, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Delta 9 actively works to identify and eliminate discriminatory barriers in the workplace.
Integrated Pest Management Tech
Delta 9 Bio-Tech Inc. is the premier licensed Manitoba Cannabis producer under the ACMPR. We are currently seeking a high energy, self motivated Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Technician to join our Production team. This is a full-time position offered Monday to Friday, from 8am-4:30pm, this position may require some weekend work. The IPM Tech will be working with our IPM Coordinator to complete a schedule of daily tasks as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Maintaining compliance with the laws, regulations, and SOPs
• Preparing and applying of pest control products
• Application and assessment of monitoring devices
• Pest Identification
• Inspection and monitoring for signs of infestation
• Room and equipment cleaning
• Documentation preparation and completion in accordance to SOPs
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of cannabis plant anatomy and strains;
• Understanding of documentation procedures
• Manual dexterity and motor coordination; Good eye-hand coordination;
• Strong attention to detail and skilled in precision work while maintaining consistency;
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills to ensure consistency of product;
• Excellent communication skills and ability to thrive in a team environment
• Ability to stay focused and complete repetitive and routine tasks;
• Capable of working efficiently in independent and team environments;
• Strong attention to detail and ability to follow strict operating procedures;
• Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching;
• Standing/walking for long periods of time;
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and ability to work in warm, humid greenhouse conditions
• Able to work flexible hours including weekends;
• Comfortable with working in confined spaces for long periods of time
• Must have completed high school diploma or GED equivalent;
• Applicator Technician License considered an asset;
• 1+ years’ experience would be considered an asset;
• Must be able to work independently and as a team member;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines;
• Ability to prioritize;
• Previous greenhouse/growing experience considered an asset;
• Previous MMAR/ACMPR experience considered an asset;
• Must be able to pass a criminal record check;
• Competitive wages
• Stock options available at the discretion of the board
• Comprehensive benefits through iA Industrial